White House ‘Sensitive’ documents taken to Florida
The raids now came about after two unidentified sources confirmed that former president Donald Trump brought significantly sensitive presidential documents to his Florida resort, as per reports by The Washington Post. They say that records seized from the White House were clearly labeled as ‘classified’ and ‘top secret, sparking questions over whether Trump has broken the law through his handling of sensitive government documents.
Earlier Donald Trump had a face-off with Justice Department in a federal courtroom
Donald Trump, former President, Lawyer, and the Justice Department will have a face-off in a federal courtroom in Florida on Thursday for the first time because FBI agents executed a search warrant at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort.
Donald John Trump is an American politician and businessman who acted as the 45th president of the United States from 2017 to 2021. Recently FBI agents conducted a search at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort (In 1985, Trump acquired the Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida. In 1995, he converted the estate into a private club with an initiation fee and annual dues. He continued to use a wing of the house as a private residence. In 2019, Trump declared Mar-a-Lago his primary residence). Against which he got angry and as an offense tweeted and later asked the Federal Judge for a special master review of those seized evidence.
Donald Trump Reply
On Wednesday, going back on the offensive, “Terrible the way the FBI, during the Raid on Mar-a-Lago, threw documents haphazardly all over the floor,” he wrote on his social media platform.
Later that same evening, Donald Trump’s Lawyer angrily renewed their call to Federal Judge Aileen Cannon to appoint a special master reviewer to do an independent review of all the evidence seized from his residence in Florida on August 8, 2022, to see if any of the evidence contains any potential attorney or executive privilege issues. They also asked that a third party would share all of the evidence with them, including the search warrant which was presented in the first place laying out with the government.
“The government should provide to the special master and to movant a copy of the seized materials, a copy of the search warrant, and an unredacted copy of the underlying application materials,” Trump’s lawyers said in a court filing Wednesday, “Left unchecked, the DOJ will impugn, leak, and publicize selective aspects of their investigation with no recourse for movant but to somehow trust the self-restraint of currently unchecked investigators,” their filing said
Donald Trump’s Lawyer thought that they were playing offensive or said the best move to delay by asking independent review of seized documents.
Read: Mary Peltola wins Alaska over Sarah Palin, a Special Election
Refusal of Claims
But, Justice Department refused the claim by pointing out that Mr. Trump, as a former president, did not have the control to assert executive privilege over the documents when federal prosecutors had a court-ordered warrant to obtain them. They also stated that a special master review would be unnecessary given prosecutors had already completed their own review.
This picture which seemed to be a standard evidence photo was the sort of thing used by the government for all collections for use at possible trials. But because Mr. Trump and his lawyers made disputed statements about their handling of the records, it allowed the Justice Department to publicize the photo, which has now appeared repeatedly on TV news.
“The Trump team got more than they negotiated for,” said Preet Bharara, a former U.S. attorney in Manhattan and a longtime analyst of Mr. Trump.
However, In the case of the documents, Federal Prosecutors don’t seem to be close to deciding on whether to charge Mr. Trump or not or anybody else. It is still not clear what impact It might have caused on national security by keeping the sensitive materials at his club.
Once Justice Department legal memo prevented Mr. Trump from being charged with obstruction of justice during the Robert S. Mueller III investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
Donald Trump said on Thursday he would apologize to those who participated in the deadly attack on the US Capitol on January 6 if he were elected to the White House again.